The Retirement Years.
In this volume Ellen White offers many inspired and inspiring answers to questions raised by golden-agers. These gems of thought have been gleaned from her letters, manuscripts, books, and periodical articles, many of which were written after she was 65-the 23 years from 1892-1915.
It is hoped that this collection of letters, articles, and messages from the pen of God's devoted servant will be a practical and cherished source of wisdom and guidance to people of retirement years, as well as to those of pre-retirement times who wish to grasp more fully the statement of Christ: "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).
- The Retirement Years
- The How and Why of this Book
- Chapter 1—Adventist Pioneers
- Chapter 2—Usefulness of Older Workers
- Chapter 3—Association of Young With Old
- Chapter 4—Obligation of Children to Aged Parents
- Chapter 5—Care of the Aged
- Chapter 6—Cautions for Aging Persons
- Chapter 7—Stewardship While Living
- Chapter 8—Importance of Wills
- Chapter 9—Remarriage in Old Age
- Chapter 10—Conserving Life's Energies
- Chapter 11—Fortitude In Affliction
- Chapter 12—Assurance and Comfort for Those Facing Death
- Chapter 13—The Hour of Bereavement
- Chapter 14—Lessons from Bible Characters
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Appendix C
- Appendix D