Christ's Object Lessons.
In this devotional classic, Ellen G. White explores the depths of the best-loved teachings of Jesus, offering a deeply spiritual understanding of the parables of Christ as they apply to the life today.
Writing not as a dry historical scholar or technical commentator, but as a messenger pleading the case of the Lord she loves, the author provides practical applications in a way that touches the heart.
Those who attempt to underline the choicest passages often give up after finding entire pages underlined. In the pages of this book generations of readers have heard the same voice that spoke the parables so long ago still speaking to their heart, saying "Come to Me."
- Chapter 1—Teaching in Parables
- Chapter 2—“The Sower Went Forth to Sow”
- Chapter 3—“First the Blade, Then the Ear”
- Chapter 4—Tares
- Chapter 5—“Like a Grain of Mustard Seed”
- Chapter 6—Other Lessons from Seed-Sowing
- Chapter 7—Like Unto Leaven
- Chapter 8—Hidden Treasure
- Chapter 9—The Pearl
- Chapter 10—The Net
- Chapter 11—Things New and Old
- Chapter 12—Asking to Give
- Chapter 13—Two Worshipers
- Chapter 14—“Shall Not God Avenge His Own?”
- Chapter 15—“This Man Receiveth Sinners”
- Chapter 16—“Lost, and Is Found”
- Chapter 17—“Spare it this Year Also”
- Chapter 18—“Go Into the Highways and Hedges”
- Chapter 19—The Measure of Forgiveness
- Chapter 20—Gain that is Loss
- Chapter 21—“A Great Gulf Fixed”
- Chapter 22—Saying and Doing
- Chapter 23—The Lord's Vineyard
- Chapter 24—Without a Wedding Garment
- Chapter 25—Talents
- Chapter 26—“Friends by the Mammon of Unrighteousness”
- Chapter 27—“Who is My Neighbour?”
- Chapter 28—The Reward of Grace
- Chapter 29—“To Meet the Bridegroom”